Common Core Alignment
IWitness is designed to align with Common Core Standards that were developed in collaboration with teachers, school administrators, and experts, to provide a clear and consistent framework to prepare our children for college and the workforce.
Among the opportunities within the guided activities, learners can:
- examine featured testimony clips to determine key ideas and details and communicate them through short answer questions
- search and research in the video archive in order to build knowledge and understanding
- select and edit testimony clips using craft and structure that are relevant to their studies
- demonstrate comprehension by integrating knowledge and ideas into video projects
- share their video projects and communicate in an online teacher-mediated classroom space
In addition, IWitness activities are designed to address the ISTE (International Society for Technology and Education) standards. We are working toward obtaining an official seal of alignment and look forward to offering educators opportunities to meet these additional national standards in the near future.